All students residing in on campus residence halls are required to obtain a P.O. Box to receive USPS mail. To obtain a P.O. Box, a student must complete an application (applications are available at the MSU Post Office) and turn it in to USPS staff. Two forms of identification are required to apply. Fees begin at $20, depending on the box size. Two keys are provided to each box holder.
- Most online shopping is delivered by the Post Office and is dropped off by FedEx and UPS to the Post Office, so it is very important that your student has their own Post Office box.
- The MSU Post Office will also accept packages from UPS, FedEx and DHL addressed to a student’s PO Box. All packages are held at the Post Office until the student comes by to pick up.
Students who have a P.O. Box should address their mail in the following manner:Sally Student P.O. Box ___ Mississippi State, MS 39762
Students who do not have a P.O. Box will not be able to receive mail via USPS while living on campus.
If a student is receiving a package via DSL, Fed Ex, or UPS they should address their package in the following manner:
NOTE: Providers such as DSL, Fed Ex, or UPS do have national contracts with USPS. Often times these providers will have USPS deliver these packages on their behalf. With that being said, sometimes even if a package is from DSL, Fed Ex, or USP, it will be delivered to the Post Office (USPS) and the Post Office (USPS) will then become responsible for the delivery/pick up of that package. That is why it’s best for students to have a P.O. Box while on campus.Sam Student ______ Residence Hall Room _____ Street Address (see below) Mississippi State, MS 39762*
*All campus residence halls are at Mississippi State, MS 39762
Mailing addresses for campus residence facilities include:
- Cresswell Hall, 36 Magruder Street
- Critz Hall, 685 Barr Avenue
- Deavenport Hall, 220 Bailey Howell Drive
- Dogwood Hall, 705 George Perry Street
- Griffis Hall, 500 Bailey Howell Drive
- Hathorn Hall, 76 Magruder Street
- Herbert Hall, 170 Herbert Street
- Hull Hall, 85 Walker Road
- Hurst Hall, 95 Hurst Lane
- Magnolia Hall, 15 Morgan Avenue
- Mary Lyn and Niles R. Moseley Hall, 55 Magruder Street
- McKee Hall, 450 Lee Boulevard
- Nunnelee Hall 215 Hurst Lane
- Oak Hall, 205 Magruder Street
- Rice Hall, 180 Magruder Street
- Ruby Hall, 75 Hurst Lane
- Sessums Hall, 459 Lee Boulevard