If you did NOT get the room you wanted, read the details below about the Reassignment Request form that opens on June 7th at 10am CST on the Housing Portal. You will only be able to submit a Reassignment Request form if you have selected a room during Online Room Selection.
Reassignment requests will be granted in the order of your original room selection time slot.
To get on the Reassignment list:
- Log on to the Housing Portal
- Select your Fall 2022 / Spring 2023 Application
- Scroll to the bottom of the Online Room Selection page
- Click 'Submit a Room Reassignment Request'
- Fill out the Reassignment form (Select your top zone (North, South or Central)) and your room style (Traditional or New Construction)
- Click submit!
NOTE: Make sure your roommate submits a form too! You both have to submit an identical Reassignment Request in order to be moved as a pair.
The Reassignment Request Form will close on June 30th @ 11:59 PM.
Enrolled First Time Freshmen are required to live in the residence halls; see Freshmen Residency Requirement. Enrolled freshmen who do not select a space but plan on attending MSU will be sent a housing assignment by the Housing Office based on spaces available after OLRS.
Have your plans changed and you are no longer attending MSU? If so, please let us know by completing an MSU Cancellation Form.
Department of Housing and Residence Life
Mailing Address: Post Office Box 9502
Physical Address: Dogwood Hall, Ground Floor
705 George Perry Street
Mississippi State, MS 39762