If you are checking out of your room permanently for the year, there are a few things to check off the list before you say good-bye to your residence hall.
- Be sure to attend your floor meeting. Your RA will explain the entire check out process to you there.
- Rooms must be vacated no later than 24 hours following the student's last scheduled final exam. Graduating seniors must move out by May 6 at 6:00 PM.
- Rooms must be left clean and rentable upon check out.
- Refrigerators and microwaves must be defrosted, emptied and cleaned.
- All personal belongings must be removed from the room.
- Keys must be returned, and other checkout procedures completed while checking-out with a residence hall staff member.
- Failure to properly check-out with an RA or RD will result in the student being assessed a $50 improper checkout penalty.
- Cleaning fees begin at $25 and increase depending on the extent of the cleaning that is necessary.
- Tap your ID card at the front desk when you leave (this will terminate your card access, so be sure that this is the last thing that you do).
*Students living in Dogwood and Hurst Halls will have the option to use Express Checkout. This process will be explained at floor meetings for those halls.