Laundry is one thing you'll have to do on your own now that you're moved in.
Each residence hall has at least one community laundry room with washers and dryers. The machines accept quarters and credit or debit cards.
Clean Cash App
Download the Clean Cash App to load money into your account, view which washers and dryers are available, and monitor your laundry cycle.
1. Download the Clean Cash App
2. Register and Find your location using the registration code: WCL0922
3. Load money into your account with your credit or debit card
4. Start the machine by scanning the QR code on the machine or entering the machine number
Report a Broken Machine
Report any machine service issues by phone at 800-927-9274 or via email to email@example.com.
Full instructions on how to use the machines are in every laundry room, but here are a few other tips that will help you do your laundry properly:
- Make sure that your pockets are emptied of all items- double check for chapstick, gum, pens, money, papers, etc.
- Sort your clothes into at least light and dark items. There are multiple cycles on the washer to choose from. A water temperature chart can be found under the lid of the top loading washer.
- Pre-treat any stains – whether with detergent or a stain eliminator (Shout, Spray-n-Wash)
- Load clothes LOOSELY into the washer. Only fill clothes to the top row of holes in the wash basket. If they cannot move, they will not get clean!
- Follow the manufacturer’s directions on the detergent bottle/box.
- 1 wash = 1 dry! Do not dry more than 1 load of clothes in the dryer.
- Remove clothes promptly when the cycle ends to prevent wrinkles and to free up the machine for the next person.
- Clean up after yourself - make sure you dispose of any used dryer sheets or empty detergent containers.
For additional tips about laundry care, click here for more information.
The staff of Housing and Residence Life is committed to an effective and efficient response to students who suspect they may have bed bugs. If a student suspects they have bed bugs, he or she should contact Housing and Residence Life Facilities ASAP by calling 662-325-2190. Once Facilities has been contacted, they will dispatch an exterminator to inspect the room. After the inspection, HRL will decide the course of action from the exterminator's report.
For information on how to determine if you have bed bugs, please click here.